Friday, December 30, 2011
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Monday, January 3, 2011
Taken from FantasticFiction Website
Call Me Irresistible
R.S.V.P. to the most riotous wedding of the year . . .
Lucy Jorik is the daughter of a former president of the United States.
Meg Koranda is the offspring of legends.
One of them is about to marry Mr. Irresistible - Ted Beaudine - the favorite son of Wynette, Texas. The other is not happy about it and is determined to save her friend from a mess of heartache.
But even though Meg knows that breaking up her best friend's wedding is the right thing to do, no one else seems to agree. Faster than Lucy can say "I don't," Meg becomes the most hated woman in town - a town she's stuck in with a dead car, an empty wallet, and a very angry bridegroom. Broke, stranded, and without her famous parents at her back, Meg is sure she can survive on her own wits. What's the worst that can happen? Lose her heart to the one and only Mr. Irresistible? Not likely. Not likely at all.
Call Me Irresistible is the book Susan Elizabeth Phillips's readers have long awaited. Ted, better known as "little Teddy," the nine-year-old heartbreak kid from Phillips's first bestseller, Fancy Pants, and as "young Teddy," the hunky new college graduate in Lady Be Good, is all grown up now - along with Lucy from First Lady and Meg from What I Did for Love. They're ready to take center stage in a saucy, funny, and highly addictive tale fans will love.
"Crown Susan Elizabeth Phillips the queen of romantic comedy," raves the McClatchy-Tribune News Service, just one of numerous accolades the beloved New York Times bestselling author has earned in her remarkable career.
For more than three decades, this wise and witty writer has charmed hearts and won the devotion of legions of readers. Now she's back with the book her fans have been demanding - a sassy, sexy, downright irresistible tale of true love Texas-style, featuring gorgeous heartbreaker Ted Beaudine, now grown up and in a heap of romantic trouble all his own.
Here are the details from Brazen Broads Book Bash blog.....
Okay, we Broads have decided to offer a reading challenge for the next year-the 2011 Sexy Reading Challenge! Any book with sexy romance or erotica qualifies, so that means regency, Steampunk, paranormal (vamps, weres, shapeshifters), even sci-fi, if it's sexy. The goal is to read 12 books in 2011 that qualify.
The Sexy Reading Challenge will run from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
So what do you have to do? First, sign up with Mr. Linky. Then, read your books. When you post a review, use the 2011 Sexy Reading Challenge button and let us know so we can go read it. Each time we see a review, you'll be entered to win a prize that we'll randomly select at the end of the year from everyone who read all 12 books. It's that easy!
We hope you'll sign up for the 2011 Sexy Reading Challenge! It's a chance to find some new authors and subgenres of romance and erotica, and maybe revisit some of your favorite authors for a second or third time.
This challenge is being hosted by Romance Book Maven. So head over to her blog if you would like to join.
Here are the details:
1. By contemporary romance I mean straight contemporary, so without paranormal, fantasy or time-travel elements. Sexy, steamy contemporaries are eligible and so are category romances. (i.e. Harlequin Blaze, Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Super Romances, Silhoutte Desires, etc.)
2. Read at least 10 contemporaries between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011
3. You don’t have to pre-select your books, you can just add them as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed. Nothing is set in stone! Also, the books you choose can crossover into or from other challenges you are participating in.
Here are the Details:
1. Read at least 10 books by “debut” romance authors between January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
2. I debated about this and books where an author is “debuting” a new name (i.e. Maureen Child who will have a book out in 2011 as Regan Hastings) will be able to count in this challenge.
3. You don’t need to make up a list beforehand but if you want to, feel free to do so. Just keep in mind it’s not a “strict” list and you can change it at any time to fit your reading schedule. Crossovers into other challenges are allowed in this one.
Have fun & Happy Reading!!
Hi everyone! I have set a goal for myself to start my blog up again. I'm going to try and post a least one review a week. I also love the "Waiting on a Wednesday" the is hosted by Breaking the Spine so I'm going to start featuring that again. I'm also going to join some challenges that I'm going to track here.
I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe 2011!!