Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Review ~ Tall Dark and Wolfish by Lydia Dare

Rating 4.5 stars!!!!


Book Description (from fantastic fiction): The reckless, rakish younger brother of a powerful duke, Lord Benjamin Westfield transforms into a wolf under the light of the full moon - until one fateful evening when he doesn't change and his life is shattered. Fearing he may never be able to change again, Benjamin sets out for Scotland in search of a witch who can heal his inner beast. The noble werewolf is drawn to the beautiful young woman, but what does he have to offer in this broken state?

My Thoughts: This is the 2nd book in Lydia Dare's Westfield Brothers Series. This series is about three brothers that are Lycan (werewolves).

What I enjoyed so much about this story was there were no secrets between Ben and Elspeth. He knew she was a witch and she knew he was Lycan. You watch these two becomes friends while Elspeth tries to help Ben figure out why he can't change. All I'm going to say is about that is Blueberries! Then you watch was they fall in love and it's a very beautiful story to read. There was also more paranormal elements in this story then there was in the first book which I also enjoyed.

Tracy has a great review at The Book Binge you should check out!

4 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I picked up two of these books - I didn't realize there was a third - since I love a good werewolf romance and it's been a while since I've read one (a werewolf romance - not just a good one *g). I'm glad to see you're enjoying them. Now I'll have to check and see which one I'm missing. Hopefully it's not the first one.

Randi said...

Thanks Kristie for stopping by. I love your blog, it was one of the frist I discovered when I first started finding romance book blogs.
The 3rd book The Wolf Next Door doesn't come out until next month.

Kristie (J) said...

Ahhh - good then. I don't have to hold off reading them until I get the missing one *g*
And *blush* thank you. Aren't book blogs wonderful places to visit?

Lover of Romance said...

I have heard good things about this book, and I daresay I would love to read this author!!! Nice Review!

I have a blog award for you here