Friday, January 29, 2010

Review ~ Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell


Rating 3.75!!

Book Description (from author's website):

She’s on a mission to save the planet…
Mermaid Angel Tritone has been researching humans from afar, hoping to find a way to convince them to stop polluting.
When she jumps into a boat to escape a shark attack, it’s her chance to pursue her mission, but she has to keep her identity a total secret…
When he finds out what she really is, they’re both in mortal danger…
For Logan Hardington, finding a beautiful woman on his boat is surely not a problem—until he discovers she’s a
mermaid, and suddenly his life is on the line…


My Thoughts:
With all the vampire and shapeshifter books that are out now (which I love) it was nice to read something a little different. This is the first book by Judi Fennell that I have read. I love the first part of the book which has Angel on land trying to learn everything she about humans. I thought the middle of the book dragged just a little. Then the end of the book which takes place underwater was great. I loved Logan's reaction to finding out the Angel was a mermaid was great. While I was reading this book I was trying to figure out how the author was going to give the couple their happy ending. I loved the way story ended and I can't wait to go back and read the first 2 books in this series. This book does stand alone, but you can tell the Angel's brothers have already had their stories. I hope that we going to get Marissa's story next.


I received an ARC from Sourcebooks.

1 comment:

Dottie (My Blog 2.0-Tink's Place) said...

Hi Randi!

Great review, I haven't read any of Judi Fennell's books yet, but they sound fun!! I keep meaning to pick them up!

Thanks!

Dottie :)