Thursday, September 3, 2009

Review - Healing Luke by Beth Cornelison

Rating 4.75!!

Book Description (from author's website):
Ladies' man Luke Morgan has the world at his feet until a freak explosion leaves him burned and bitter. Luke's family offers gutsy occupational therapist Abby Stanford a job facilitating Luke's physical therapy, but Luke wants no part of his family's schemes or Abby's help. When sparks fly between Luke and Abby, Luke must face his deepest fears in order to claim the woman who brought his family together and taught him the real meaning of love.

My Thoughts: What I loved about this book is that you are with Luke when the accident happens and you see Luke dealing with his recovery. Most times when you read a romance novel the accident has happen either months or years ago. You are with Luke while he is trying to recover from this horrible accident. I believe in guardian angels and I think that Luke's guardian angel send Abby to him to help deal with everything that happen to him due to his accident. I loved watching Luke as he tried to overcome all these obstacles. As I was reading this I kept thinking what would I do if such a freak accident happen to me? How would I deal with burn scars and losing an eye? How would I adapt? I feel the author did a great job making the reader feel like they were going through this with Luke. The love that blossom between Luke and Abby was just icing on the cake.

I can't wait for the next book from Beth Cornelison.

6 comments:

Cindy W said...

Great Review! I'll have to get this one!!!

Maija P. said...

I've been eying this one. Definitely buying it!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Randi!

Great review, I've been looking at this one!

Dottie :)

Randi said...

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for stopping by. This book was really good. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it.

Beth C said...

Hi, Randi-
Surprise! Beth C here! So glad you liked HEALING LUKE. It was a story of my heart and I really fell in love with ALL the Morgan men (so yes, keep a weathered eye on the horizon for a book for Aaron and Bart in the future!) Thanks for posting your review and happy reading!
Beth Cornelison
www.bethcornelison.com

Randi said...

Hi Beth,
WOW, thanks for stopping by!
I can't wait to read your next book!