Monday, July 6, 2009

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley

Rating 5 stars!!
Book Description {back cover of book}: It was whispered all through London Society that he was a murderer, that he'd spent his youth in an asylum and was not to be trusted----especially with a lady. Any woman caught in his presence was immediately ruined. Yet Beth found herself inexorably drawn to the Scottish lord whose hint of a brogue wrapped around her like silk and whose touch could draw her into a world of ecstasy. Despite his decadence and intimidating intelligence, she could see he needed help. Her help.

My Thoughts: This is one of my favorite books of the year so far. Lord Ian Mackenzie is one of the best heroes ever! What I loved about this book is how different both the hero and heroine are from what you normally see in romance novels. Ian spent most of his youth in an asylum and wasn't released until his brother was able to have him released after their father died. When you read why the father had him committed your heart will just break for Ian. The way the author describes Ian and when you see things through Ian's POV is fascinating. The heroine is Beth she was raised poor and in workhouses, she became a wealthy heiress after the woman she was a companion for passes away. I loved everything about this book. The love story between Ian and Beth. The mystery that surrounds around the Mackenzie family. I can't wait to read his brother's stories.

The next story is due out next year and it will be Mac and Isabella's story.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the review, I have seen this book and wondered about it.

Cindy W said...

This is on my PBS wishlist! Great review!

Mandi said...

Great review! Loved this book! Ian is such a naughty lover ;) Can't wait for the next in the series!

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randi said...

Thanks Ladies!! I'm hope I was able to get across how much I loved this book!!

Leontine said...

Hi Randi,
I was thrilled with this novel and so glad you joined the posse regarding this book. We have to wait like a year for its sequel but I hope it is going to be as good as Ian was :D

Amy C said...

Totally loved this one too. You gotta love Ian Mackenzie :). I'm looking forward to reading about his brothers too!

Kristie (J) said...

Here here!! This is my favourite of the years so far too! I loved Ian to pieces and thought Beth was perfect for him. There were so many wonderful and touching parts. I think just about everyone who has read it feels the same way :)

ibeeeg said...

I have this book on my to-read list. I am glad to read that you really like this book. I look forward to reading it.