Tuesday, June 30, 2009

To Taste Temptation by Elizabeth Hoyt

Rating 4.5!!


Book Description (from back cover):
EVEN THE MOST REFINED LADY
Lady Emeline Gordon is the model of sophistication in London’s elite social circles, always fashionable and flawlessly appropriate. As such, she is the perfect chaperone for Rebecca, the young sister of a successful Boston businessman and former Colonial soldier.
CRAVES AN UNTAMED MAN
Samuel Hartley may be wealthy, but his manners are as uncivilized as the American wilderness he was raised in. Who wears moccasins to a grand ball? His arrogant disregard for propriety infuriates Emeline, even as his boldness excites her.
TO RELEASE HER PASSION…
But beneath Samuel’s rakish manner, he is haunted by tragedy. He has come to London to settle a score, not to fall in love. And as desperately as Emeline longs to feel this shameless man’s hands upon her, to taste those same lips he uses to tease her, she must restrain herself. She is not free. But some things are beyond a lady’s control…


My Thoughts: This is my first book by Elizabeth Hoyt. Overall I really enjoyed the book. I thought that the first part of the story was very slow. I know that this book sets up the rest of the series so there was a lot of "world building". I loved the setting of the story. I takes place in London in 1765, but the hero of the story is an American who was a scout for the British in the French and Indian War. The story centers around Sam trying to found out who betrayed their regiment. When he arrives in England Sam meets Emeline. The sparks fly and sexy and steamy relationships develops between Sam and Emeline. Ms Hoyt did such a good job setting up the series that I can't wait to read the rest of this series If you love Lisa Kleypas' historicals you should definitely pick up Ms. Hoyt's books.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I just read this last week and it was my first Hoyt too:)

I loved it!! Sam is so sexy...favorite part of the book is when they are being naughty in the hidden alcove :) I hope to get my thoughts up next week!

Barbara said...

I was lucky enough to get this one autographed when I met Ms. Hoyt. Unfortunately, I haven't read it yet, lol. I wouldn't want to put a crease in it or anything, lol.

Great review, Randi!