Tuesday, June 30, 2009

To Seduce a Sinner by Elzabeth Hoyt

Rating 5 stars!!
CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS

Book Description (from back cover):
THE ONE THING HE CANNOT REVEAL
For years, Melisande Fleming has loved Lord Vale from afar . . . watching him seduce a succession of lovers, and once, catching a glimpse of heartbreaking depths beneath his roguish veneer. When he’s jilted on his wedding day, she boldly offers to be his.
TO THE ONE WOMAN HE MOST DESIRES
Vale gladly weds Melisande, if only to produce an heir. But he’s pleasantly surprised: A shy and proper Lady by day, she’s a wanton at night, giving him her body—though not her heart.
IS HIS DEEPEST NEED . . .
Determined to learn her secrets, this sinner starts to woo his seductive new wife—while hiding the nightmares from his soldiering days in the Colonies that still haunt him. Yet when a deadly betrayal from the past threatens to tear them apart, Lord Vale must bare his soul to the woman he married...or risk losing her forever.

My Thoughts: I want to start off by saying the I loved this book. It has become one of my favorites of the year!! The reason I loved this book so much is because of the hero Jasper Renshaw, Viscount Vale. I first feel in love the Lord Vale in To Taste Temptation. He is a man that on the outside seems very happy and easy going, but as we get to know him we see that he has a lot of issues from when he fought in the French Indian War in America. He was captured by Indians and forced to watch his soldiers and friends be tortured. One of the issues Vale had once he was back in England was not being able to sleep in a bed. He has to sleep on the floor with his back against a wall. The heroine is Melisande and she has been in love with Vale for six years. When Vale is jilted on his wedding day she boldly asks Vale to marry her and he agrees. Marriages of Convenience is one of my favorite themes especially in historical romances. Melisande finds out about Vale's problem she is very understanding. What I loved is that his problem is not instantly solved because he falls in love with Melisande at the end of the book they are still sleeping on the floor. The mystery of who betrayed the soldiers is still an on going story in this book.
Ms Hoyt has written another steamy and sexy story. You just can't help but fall in love with her characters

I can't wait to read the next book in this series "To Beguile a Beast".



2 comments:

Mandi said...

I have this in my tbr..I loved Melisande in To Taste Temptation...can't wait to start it.

Cindy W said...

I like TBAB better than this one!!! I think you'll love it!