Tuesday, June 2, 2009



It was a some what slow reading month. A little bit better than April. I read some really good books. I also discovered Sookie Stackhouse and read the first book in the series and watch the entire first season of True Blood. Which was great!



Here is what I read in May:

Romeo, Romeo by Robin Kaye - A great debut novel. I loved Nick Romeo! He is a great hero. Who doesn't love a guy that takes care of you when your sick. I have her next book Too Hot to Handle in my TBR and I can't wait to read it. Rating 4.75!!





With a Twist by Deirdre Martin - Deirdre Martin is one of my favorite authors. I have read all of her books since her debut novel Body Check. I really enjoyed this story. We met both the hero and heroine in her last book Just a Taste. Quinn is a hard nose reporter and Natalie is still trying to keep her shopping under control. It was also great to see Vivi and Anthony again. Rating 4.5!



Under Fire by Jo Davis - Another really good book. I love Zack Knight!! I virgin hero, you don't see that very often in romance novels. Ms. Davis really made this work. Poor Zach, I have never seen a hero end up in the hospital as many times as he did in this book. Some of the story was a little over the top. but I didn't mind.
Rating 4.5!!



Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris - I have discover Sookie Stackhouse and I'm so excited!! I can not wait to read the rest of the series. There is nothing like finding a new author! Right now I am firmly in Team Bill's camp. I haven't read the rest of the series yet. So we will see if that changes. I also watched the entire first season of True Blood which was really really good!! 5 stars!!

Under Her Skin by Susan Mallery - Another Winner! Susan Mallery is one of my favorite author. She has been an auto-buy for me for years. One of my favorite storylines is when the hero and heroine have a past. Lexi and Cruz had a one night stand in college and years later they meet again. Cruz has an offer for Lexi that she can't refuse. Rating 4 stars!!

Lucky Charm by Carly Phillips - I was really enjoying this book, but I left it in my friends car before I could finish it. I hate when I do that!!




5 comments:

Mandi said...

I am on book four of Sookie series and have now switiched to Team Eric;) I love True Blood too.

Amy C said...

I read Under Fire, and I share your same feelings. I loved it but some of the situations seemed a little over the top! But it was still really great.

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Randi!

For someone with a slow month, you sure were busy!

I love your little Tinks!!

Dottie :)

Randi said...

Hi Mandi,
I can't wait to read more of this series. The 2nd season of True Blodd start June 14th..can't wait

Hi Amy,
There was just something about the story that worked even with the over the top storyline. I can't to see more from this author.
Hidden Fire with be released in Dec

Hi Dottie,
Thanks! I love all of your tinks too :-)