Monday, May 18, 2009

RIP Dad

I haven't been around the last few weeks. My dad passed away a few weeks ago after a long battle with cancer. I know that almost everyone who reads this post knows someone with cancer. My dad was diagnosed with lung and throat cancer in October 2003. This past November they found a tumor on his brain and he also had spots on his liver. I hadn't seen my dad in 3 years after he moved to Tennessee without discussing it with any of us kids. When he found out about his brain tumor he can home for ten days in April and we were able to put everything aside and have a really nice visit. It was shocking at first because he was so sick and even when he was first diagnosed and going through chemo he never looked that sick. We even had a family reunion where everyone was able to see him. He left on April 21 and slip into a coma two days later and passed away on May 2nd. I am so grateful that my dad was able to make that final visit. I feel that he came to see and make peace with everyone and when he got back to Tennessee he was at peace. Now he isn't any pain anymore and he is in better place. If there is someone in your life that you have been meaning to call or get in touch with don't waste anymore time. You never really know how much time anyone has.

Even though all this happen over the last few weeks. I have still been reading I just haven't had the energy to post any reviews. I hopefully will over the next few days.

11 comments:

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

((((Randi))))

I'd like to say I know what you're feeling, but no one actually can. I have been where you are though, my mother-in-law passed away after a tremendous battle with breast cancer. I'm gratefully for every day I had with her, she was so special. I know you're feeling the same way about your father. Bless you and your father. You will be in my thoughts.

Dottie

Cindy W said...

Oh my Randi. I'm sending you big hugs this morning, you've brought tears to my eyes. I've been affected, friends, parents of friends, and my own family. I am glad you were able to have those special days with him, and that he's no longer in pain.

Your family is in my prayers, Cindy

DeSeRt RoSe said...

Oh Randi I'm so sorry about your dad.. may he rest in peace.. the consolation about this is you know that he is not suffering from the cancer pains anymore!!
I'm sending you a virtual hug.. take care!

Heather D said...

(((((Ranid)))))

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! Not having lost either of my parents, I don't know what you are going thru.

You are right, everyone that post will have been touched by Cancer in some way. My husband was diagnosed with Lymphoma in Sept. We were ecstatic with the diagnosis though, they had originally thought Lung cancer.

I am grateful that your father was able to make it out to see you and your family when he did and you guys were able to put things behind you. My heart goes out to you this morning. You and yours are in my prayers.

emeraldfire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emeraldfire said...

I'm so sorry, Randi. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. God bless!

Mari said...

My condolences on your loss. I have had a close relative die recently and I was sad that we never made amends before passing. No matter how bad you think it is, letting it go is important. That is the lesson I learned.
I am glad you had time to spend with him.

Amy C said...

I'm glad for you and your Dad's sake that you were able to have that connection before he passed away. I think it makes a difference in how you deal with it. My husband lost his mother a few years ago. It was hard, they spoke on the phone nearly everyday. He had to readjust to not having her anymore and their talks.

Hugs to you, Randi.

Randi said...

Hi Everyone,
Thank-you for all your thoughts and hugs. I'm very lucky that he was able to make the trip home.

Heather, I hope you husband is doing well. Thank-you for sharing!

Shon said...

Randi, you have my condolences. Your family are in my prayers.

--Keishon

Kristie (J) said...

(((((((Hugs)))))))
There's not much else to say except I'm so sorry you lost your Dad. I'm glad you had the time with him.