Thursday, April 16, 2009

TBR Challenge - Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Rating 4.75!!

Contains some spoilers!

Book Description: Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership. In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.


My Thoughts: I picked this book for the TBR Challenge. I had to picked an urban fantasy or paranormal bookl. I decided on Halfway to the Grave because I have been wanting to read this series for awhile. I am so glad I did. I don't normally read books told in the first person POV, but it didn't bother me at all.

I loved Cat! I thought she was great and the fight scene between her and Bones. WOW!

I love when the hero admits his feelings for the heroine early in the book. Bones is a vampire who knows his feelings and isn't afraid to admit them. He also will do anything to protect Cat even if it isn't always legal.

If you like Karen Marie Moning's Fever series, but you don't love it because there isn't enough romance. Then definitely pick up this series. I would make sure you have the second book available after you finish this one, because this book does have a cliffhanger and it doesn't have a typical HEA.

I can't wait to read the next book in this series!!

1 comment:

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Randi!

I love Jeannie Frost, don't you?

She always gives a great story!

Great Review!

Dottie :)