Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sunset Bay by Susan Mallery



4 stars!!



Book Description:


What if you got another chance at the life that got away?


L.A. accountant Megan Greene has a successful job, a handsome cardiologist fiancé, and a doting father. Surely they make up for her estranged sister and hypochondriac mother...and a niggling sense that something, somewhere, got lost along the way. But then Megan's life falls spectacularly apart. Faced with the knowledge that neither her father nor her fiancé are the men she thought they were, she is loath to trust Travis -- the high school boyfriend who never quite left her heart. But his reappearance stirs dreams she once reluctantly packed away, and forces her to confront her relationship with her sister -- a bond that has been strained to the limit but has never quite broken. And amid the turmoil lies the promise of a future Megan never expected -- one that may turn out to contain everything she really needs....



My Thoughts: I really like this book. I love Susan Mallery she is one of my all time favorites. Megan and Travis are a great couple and you find yourself absorb in their story. What's great is that the story when they are 18 and you see the relationship from their teenage point of view. Then the story fast forward 10 years later and you see them as adults and how their lives change, because of that summer. There are a lot of great secondary characters. Megan's friends, her sister, her dad and crazy mom.


The only thing that kept this from being a 5 for me was Megan father's reaction when he finds out the she is not his biological child. I just don't believe that someone who has raise a child just shuts them out of their so completely.


I'm not that great writing reviews, so check out the review over at Book Binge.

5 comments:

Jill D. said...

I liked this one too Randi, but wasn't the Dad such a butt-head? I wanted to cry so bad for Megan. She was much stronger than I think I would have been in her shoes.

Randi said...

The Dad was awful. I just don't think that someone that raise a child for 28 years would do that!!
But overall I like the story!!

Thanks for visiting!

My Blog 2.0 (Dottie) said...

Hi Randi!

I think it was a nice review! Good Job! The book sounds good too. Something that might be a quick read. How many pages did it have?

Dottie :)

Randi said...

Thank-you! It has 368 pages. It's a quick read.

Barbara said...

Hi, Randi! I liked reading you thoughts. I saw this book over at Jill D's site and it caught my interest. I really have to read it.