Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Light My Fire by Jane Graves



Rating 3.5!!


Book Description: He was too hot to handle. . .Defense attorney Ethan Millner is paid handsomely for his ability to charm a jury while ruthlessly slashing the prosecution. He's living life in the fast lane, until he's slapped with a reckless driving charge and sentenced to forty hours of community service on a crime watch patrol. Now he's under the thumb of the chairman of the city's crime watch council--a beautiful but no-nonsense woman determined to make him pay his debt to society. . . . she couldn't resist the heatSandy DeMarco is familiar with Ethan's cutthroat character in the courtroom, as well as his notorious "bad boy" reputation with women. Still, when Sandy's quiet neighborhood is shaken by a brutal murder and an employee of hers becomes the prime suspect, she knows the accused's only hope is the man who will win at any cost. Working alongside Sandy, Ethan begins to feel sparks of attraction that ignite into love--even as a killer burns to silence those who threaten to uncover his secrets...




My Review: This book is very hard to get, it is always wishlist on PBS and it is always expensive on half.com. So I think I was expecting to much from this book. I like both Ethan and Sandy and one of the things I really liked was the opposite attracts storyline. I didn't really care for the mystery part of the storyline. I thought the chemistry was there, I just didn't love it.

If you are going to try this author I would start with Tall Tales and Wedding Veils.

No comments: