Saturday, January 31, 2009

Broken Wing by Judith James

Rating 4.75!!!

Book Description: Abandoned as a child and raised in a brothel, Gabriel St. Croix has never known tenderness, friendship or affection. Although fluent in sex, he knows nothing of love. Lost and alone inside a nightmare world, all he’s ever wanted was companionship and a place to belong. Hiding physical and emotional scars behind an icy fa├žade, his only relationship is with a young boy he has spent the last five years protecting from the brutal reality of their environment. But all that is about to change. The boy’s family has found him, and they are coming to take him home.
Sarah Munroe blames herself for her brother’s disappearance. When he’s located, safe and unharmed despite where he as been living. Sarah vows to help the man who rescued and protected him in any way she can. With loving patience she helps Gabriel face his demons and teaches him to trust in friendship and love. But when the past catches up with him, Gabriel must face it on his own.
Becoming a mercenary, pirate and a professional gambler, Gabriel travels to London, France, and the Barbary Coast in a desperate attempt to find Sarah again and all he knows of love. On the way, however, he will discover the most dangerous journey, and the greatest gamble of all, is within the darkest reaches of his own heart.


My Review: I'm not sure I can say much more than what has already been said about this book. I thought it was great. I want to thank Cindy W and Kristie's for their great reviews which made me want run out and get this book.

I loved reading as Sarah and Gabriel fell love, all the sweet and natural things that happen as people fall in love. My favorite scenes are when Gabe would come through Sarah's bedroom window. The only thing I didn't like was the long separation where Gabe and Sarah were apart for way to long. I understand why the author did it I just felt it was to long. If you a truly like your tortured hero and sweet understanding heroine make sure you pick up Broken Wing as soon as possible you won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I am happy you liked the book, too! Although it had quite a few very sad elements involved, I think they are what made the story and the characters so amazing. Wonderful review :)

Barbara said...

Yeah, it's me again, lol. I just noticed you "might" read Extreme Exposure next! I started that one tonight :)

Cindy W said...

Randi, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!!

RandiLyn said...

Hi Barbara, I have heard such good things about Pamela Clare. I can't wait to see what you think.

Hi Cindy, I always enjoyed your recommendations :-)

MsMoonlight (Elizabeth Jules Mason) said...

It was a good one, wasn't it?
:o) I'm glad you liked it.

Rowena said...

This is on my list of books to get to this year...wish me luck, I'm glad you enjoyed it though because it makes me more anxious to read this book. I've heard a lot of good things about it!

Kristie (J) said...

Yikes! How did I miss your review? My nose for reviews must have been stuffy.
But I'm glad to see you too fell under the spell of this incredible book. I get what you mean about the long separation - but it didn't bother me - I was too fascinated about what Gabriel was going through to be bothered. But I did wonder a couple of times what was going on with Sarah while Gabriel was going through his own struggles.