Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood

Rating 4.5

Description: Christina Bennett had taken London society by storm. The ravishing beauty guarded the secret of her mysterious past untily the night Lyon, Marquis of Lyonwood, stole a searching sensous kiss. An arrogant nobleman with a pirate's passions, he tasted the wild fire smoldering beneath Christina's cool charm and swore to posess her...
But the feisty and defiant Christina would not be do easily conquered. Mistress of her heart and of her fortune, she resisted Lyon's sensuous caresses. She dared not surrender to his love... for then, she must also forsake her precious secret... and her promised destiny.

Review: This book was great. I love it because it was a little different. The heroine Christina was raised by Native American Indians. When Christina turns 19 she goes to London to seek revenge against her evil father. What I love the most about the story was seeing London and the English through Christina's eyes. I also loved Christina and Lyon as always Julie Garwood's writes a great couple with great chemistry and some laugh out loud scenes. The only complaint I had I would have like to see more of Rhone and Diana. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Isn't this a cute one? It's not my favorite of this series, but it's fun.

I keep forgetting how great JG's earlier romances are. I might need to do some re-reading over the Holidays. =)