Sunday, October 19, 2008

Power Play by Deirdre Martin





Book Description: A leading soap opera actress, Monica Geary is good at faking it. But pretending to fall for NHL star and notorious playboy Eric Mitchell is going to be her hardest role ever. Yet she has no choice, for she desperately needs an edge in order to maintain her daytime diva status.


Eric Mitchell is a man in demand. First he was traded to save the New York Blades, and now the publicity department has loaned him out to help save Monica Geary's career. What no one knows is that one of People magazine's hottest bachelors is also a closet soap opera fan. He's had his eyes on Monica for years-and can't wait to get his arms around her.


Review: I have read all of Deirdre Martin's books. I love her NY Blades series. I like this book, but it wasn't my favorite by this author. There were times that I didn't really like the heroine. I loved the hero Eric (twin brother to Jason the hero from Chasing Stanley), he was a small town boy who made it to the big time. I also loved revisiting Jason and Delilah. If your going to picked up a book by Ms. Martin I would start with Body Check.

I still enjoyed this book and she is still an auto buy for me.

Rating 3.75!!

1 comment:

Rowena said...

I want to read this book. I'm a sucker for sports romances and this is one author that even though the books don't wow me, I still HAVE to read them all. =)

Good review!