Thursday, October 30, 2008

Banner O'Brien by Linda Lael Miller

Book Description: In 1886, lovely Banner 0'Brien overcame every obstacle and won her coveted medical diploma. Still she longed to escape from Oregon...and the nightmares that left her shaking, screaming one man's name. Banner fled to the Washington Territory to accept position with Dr. Adam Corbin...arrogant, handsome and rumor said, violent. Although Banner respected his skills, she was unnerved by the very nearness of this moody, powerful man. His past was a mystery, that would challenge her to the utmost...for Banner was determined to win Adam Corbin's heart!

Review: This is the first book in the Corbin series. This is an older series first published in the 1980's. I read my My Darling Melissa first which was re-released earlier this year. I really enjoyed that book so I decided to get the rest of the series. Banner O'Brien had a lot of my favorite themes. Heroine with an interesting occupation (for 1886 anyway), great chemistry, surprise marriage, some great secondary characters and a little twist at the end.

Rating 4.5

Also check out the rest of the series:




No comments: