Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gentle Warrior by Julie Garwood


Book Description: In feudal England, Elizabeth Montwright barely escaped the massacre that destroyed her family and exiled her from her ancestral castle. Bent on revenge, she rode again through the fortress gates, disguised as a peasant...to seek aid from Geoffrey Berkley, the powerful baron who had routed the murderers.He heard her pleas, resisted her demands, and vowed to seduce his beautiful subject. Yet as Elizabeth fought the warrior's caresses, love flamed for this gallant man who must soon champion her cause...and capture her spirited heart!


Review:

I enjoyed this story. I love the fighting between Geoffrey and Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a very independent woman (especially for the time period). Geoffrey is the typical alpha-male (which I loved) wanting to take of the "little woman" who didn't need to be taken care of. I also enjoyed the mystery of who killed Elizabeth's family.

Rating 4 stars!!

2 comments:

Rowena said...

This was my least favorite book by Julie Garwood, this review made me think back to how much I love JG though. Thanks for the flashback! =)

Ann Mouse said...

This was the series I cut my teeth on in romance! A story to feed my romantic tendencies that I even mention in my diary from 1993.