Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sweet Talk by Susan Mallery (Keyes Sister #1)

Book Description:
Is there anything sweeter than a first love?
Don’t ask Claire Keyes. The twenty-eight-year old piano prodigy has never had a regular boyfriend, much less a real romance. Her music career has left little room for friends or family — which is just part of the reason she’s estranged from her two sisters.
But now Nicole is sick, and Jesse is AWOL. Despite the fact that Claire can’t boil water, she’s determined to play caretaker. Connecting with her sisters tops her to-do list….along with falling in love, or at least in lust, for the first time.
Ambitious? Maybe. But a girl’s gotta dream. And ruggedly sexy Wyatt is a dream come true. Although he keeps telling himself that he and Claire come from entirely different worlds, he lights up hotter than a bakery oven whenever Claire is near. If this keeps up, she just might sweet-talk him into her bed….and her life.

My Thoughts:
Claire Keyes is trying to take her life back after having it controlled by her overbearing manager since she was six years. So when she gets a call from her baby sister Jesse asking her to come home and help take care of her other sister Nicole so jumps at it. When the story starts Claire is not very self sufficient she doesn’t know how to cook or do laundry. My favorite scene is when driving for the first time since getting her license she realizes that she has to drive on the freeway. I thought it was very funny.
I have read some reviews that didn’t like Claire’s twin sister Nicole she has a very hard time accepting Claire back into her life. I liked Nicole I thought she was very real. I think when you have thought of someone one way for years and all of sudden you realized you were wrong it’s hard to accept that. I couldn't wait to read Nicole’s story.

Wyatt is a loving father and a great friend. He has his dumb moments, but overall he was a good hero.



One thing I didn’t like is I thought the Claire and Nicole’s relationship overshadowed Claire and Wyatt just a little bit.

Overall I really enjoyed this book.
Susan Mallery is on my auto buy list. What is really great about this trilogy is that all three are already out. They were released Jul, Aug and Sep.


Rating 4.75

No comments: